It’s not always possible to change the email address associated with a YouTube account.
If the email address associated with your YouTube account is an @gmail.com email, you probably can’t change it and will need to create a new Google account with a non-Gmail email that will then be linked to a new YouTube account.
For others users, however, the process of changing the email address linked to a YouTube account is pretty straightforward.
Here’s how to do it.
1. Sign into your Google account and then click on your image (or avatar) at the top right corner.
2. Click “Manage your Google Account” on the dropdown menu.
3. On the next page, click “Personal info” from the column on the left side of the screen.
4. Click on Email in the “Contact info” section.
5. Select “Google Account email,” and click on Edit next to your email address. According to Google, you may not be able to open “Google Account email” if you’re using a Gmail address, and you won’t be able to change it.
6. If you can edit your email, enter the new email address you wish to use, then save to confirm it.
Now go to the newly added email address’s inbox and watch for a verification request. Verify the change, and you should be good to go.
Getting a copy of your Google contacts is always a good practice to maintain. That way, you’ll be much more likely to keep them over the long-term — even if, say, you somehow forget your account login information, or you switched to another account. Here’s how to get it done on your computer or Android....
YouTube tags are keywords that you can select for your own videos, and if they are properly associated with your video, it will help others find your content. When people search for videos with keywords, tags are used by YouTube’s algorithm as it considers what content to serve. The more carefully selected your tags are,...