Huawei has announced at CES Asia that it will release the GPU Turbo update for some of its Android smartphones.
The GPU Turbo update claims to increase the phone’s GPU power by up to 60% but at the same time reduces power consumption by up to 30%. The update will be rolled out over the next few months starting June:
• June – Mate 10, Honor V10
• July – P20 Series, Mate RS Porsche Design, Nova 2s, Honor 10, MediaPad M5
• August – Nova 3e, Enjoy 8 Plus, Enjoy 7S, Maimang 6, Honor 9 Lite, Honor Play 7X
• September – Mate 9 Series
• October – P10 Series, Honor 9, Honor V9
• November – Other devices
In addition, Huawei also announced that the Mate 10 series will receive upgrades including support for cloud computing this June 26, then the EMUI 8.1 update with 960fps slow-motion video recording by mid-July.