Here’s your daily tech digest, by way of the DGiT Daily newsletter, for Tuesday, September 10, 2019!
Whew. Late yesterday, 48 U.S. states plus DC and Puerto Rico, launched an unprecedented antitrust investigation into Google’s “potential monopolistic behavior,” with a focus on the search giant’s dominance in digital advertising.
What it means:
What other companies are saying:
A dog in the race:
2. Apple’s big day! First, all the rumors:
3. Google Play Pass is officially a thing, and it’s ‘coming soon’: app subscription service now confirmed (Android Authority).
4. Sony Xperia 5 pre-orders now open in US and Europe: $799 (Android Authority).
5. You’ll be able to try out Google Stadia for free, eventually (Android Authority).
6. These are the first apps to take advantage of the Galaxy Fold: Amazon Prime Video, Facebook, and more (Android Authority).
7. Hands-on: Vivaldi for Android is a privacy-respecting Chrome alternative (Android Authority).
8. LG’s 2019 OLED TVs are getting Nvidia G-Sync support (The Verge). The best just gets better.
10. Taylor Swift ‘tried to sue’ Microsoft over the infamously corrupted and eventually racist chatbot, TayTweets (BBC).
11. “I just got an email containing all of my account passwords” (r/nostupidquestions). Worth your time for explaining these scams, and what might happen next.
The DGiT Daily delivers a daily email that keeps you ahead of the curve for all tech news, opinions, and links to what’s going down in the planet’s most important field. You get all the context and insight you need, and all with a touch of fun, and the daily fun element that you otherwise miss.
Update: September 9, 2019 – We have updated this post with more info on BET Plus, including its launch date (September 19), its price ($9.99 a month) and more details about its programming. With premium online video streaming services like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime Video continuing to add to their subscriber base. more and...
A beautifully made presentation can help you land important deals, achieve higher grades, or impress investors. However, knowing how to captivate your audience with slides is truly an art form that not many have the patience or skill to pull off. Slideshop bypasses all the creative trickiness and time-consuming process with its library of over...